***No more events will be scheduled for this year, please check back in 2022 ***
LOCAL AUTHORS: If your book is not available for standard distribution (40% discount and returnable) from Ingram, it must first be accepted for consignment in our store before you can schedule an event.
OUT OF STATE AUTHORS: If you are an author living outside of Northern Colorado or Southern Wyoming, your book must be available for standard distribution (40% discount and returnable) from Ingram to be considered for an event at our store.
WHY AN EVENT FEE?: Event fees are to help cover marketing expenses as well as use of our event space. Event fees are charged when an author does not have publisher marketing support or third party marketing support.
In-Store Book Signing: $60
Author will be provided with a small table at the front of the store where they can display their books and other promotional materials as well as sign books for customers. They will be expected to interact with customers as they enter the store. Space at the front of the store is limited, so this is not the ideal event for those looking to chat and catch up with friends. Payment must be received at least two weeks before the event date.
- The time and date of the event will be based on availability and preference of the Old Firehouse Books Event Coordinator. Each event will last one hour. Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the event start time to set up.
- Signings are scheduled between 12 and 3pm on weekends only.
- Recommended for first time authors in the broader Northern Colorado or Southern Wyoming area.
- Promoted in e-newsletter (approx. 3,000 subscribers), on Facebook and store website, and in store with an original poster designed by Old Firehouse staff.
- Author is expected to take responsibility for majority of promotion. (see Helpful Author Tips)
- Optional post on Old Firehouse Books blog (Interview questions will be emailed to author and responses will make up the blog post)
***DO NOT deliver any books or promotional material to Old Firehouse Books without first contacting the Events or Consignment Coordinator.***
Email Revati at firstname.lastname@example.org for any event inquiries.