Please read over the consignment terms carefully before contacting Old Firehouse Books.
***DO NOT deliver any books or promotional material to Old Firehouse Books without a direct request from the Event or Consignment Coordinator.***
- Submissions will be considered the 1st through 7th of January, April, July, and October only.
- Authors must submit our Consignment Submission Form to be considered for consignment.
- Books will not be considered for consignment if they are available for standard distribution (40% discount and returnable) through Ingram or if published through Amazon.
- A maximum of 10 books will be considered during each submission period. They are considered on a first come, first served basis.
- Old Firehouse Books carries a maximum of 20 consignment titles at a time. If an author is interested in consignment while the store is at its maximum, they must wait for the next quarter.
- Authors will be notified no later than the 15th of the month if their book has been selected or not.
- If an author’s book is selected, a time will be arranged to handle the contract, processing fee payment ($20), and delivery of books to the store.
- Books accepted for consignment are up to the Consignment Director’s discretion. Some requirements are listed below:
- Author and book title listed on spine
- Barcode and ISBN printed on the back of the book
- Professional and well-designed book cover
- Professional page design
- Text is well-proofread..
- For each book, the Author (Consignor) will receive 60% of the purchase price (before any sales tax is added). Old Firehouse Books (Consignee) will retain 40% of the purchase price.
- Old Firehouse Books shall collect any sales tax due upon sale of the book and be responsible for remitting all sales tax collected to the appropriate authority.
- Old Firehouse Books agrees to initially take 3 copies of a book on consignment for 6 months.
- Old Firehouse Books reserves the right to terminate a consignment contract after 3 months if no books have sold during that time or for any other reason.
- Author is responsible for the delivery, shipment and/or retrieval of their own books. Author is also responsible for making sure their books are in stock as requested by Old Firehouse Books.
- Author must respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Authors must reside in Northern Colorado or Southern Wyoming.
- Payment will be issued within 2 weeks of Old Firehouse Books receiving authors' books.
- Old Firehouse Books will donate books that have not sold within 9 month.
- Old Firehouse Books is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen books.