Please read over the consignment terms carefully before contacting Old Firehouse Books.
***DO NOT deliver any books or promotional material to Old Firehouse Books without a direct request from the Event or Consignment Coordinator.***
We will not be taking any books for consignment for the rest of 2020.
- Submissions are open the 1st through 7th of January, April, July, and October only. If the store is at carrying capacity for consignment titles, all upcoming submission periods will be closed until space becomes available. (see the top of this page for current status)
- The author must first submit our Consignment Submission Form during an open submission period. Forms submitted outside of the submission period will not be considered.
- If we are interested in carrying your book, you will be contacted and asked to arrange a time to deliver a copy of your book to the store for consideration. (May include a single page press release with the book, if desired.)
- A maximum of 10 books will be considered during each submission period. They are considered on a first come, first served basis.
- Authors will be notified no later than the 15th of the month if their book has been selected or not.
- If an author’s book is selected, a time will be arranged to handle the contract, fee payment, and delivery of books to the store. If an author’s book is not selected, the author will have until the 18th of the month to pick up their book, otherwise it will be donated.
- Books accepted for consignment are up to the Consignment Director’s discretion. Some requirements are listed below:
- Author and book title listed on spine
- Barcode and ISBN printed on the back of the book
- Professional and well-designed book cover
- Professional page design
- Text is well-proofread.
- Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in a book not being taken for consideration.
- Upon the sale of a book, the Author/Consignor will receive 60% of the purchase price (before any sales tax is added). Old Firehouse Books will retain 40% of the purchase price.
- Old Firehouse Books shall collect any sales tax due upon sale of the book, and be responsible for remitting all sales tax collected to the appropriate authority.
- Old Firehouse Books agrees to initially take 3 copies of a book on consignment for 6 months. Old Firehouse Books reserves the right to terminate a consignment contract after 3 months if no books have sold during that time. Old Firehouse Books may request additional copies for the store as needed.
- Authors are responsible for the delivery and retrieval of their own books, whether in person or paying for shipment. Authors are also responsible for making sure their books are in stock, either by calling the store or emailing the Consignment Director to check inventory numbers.
- Books must be submitted during an open submission period to be considered for consignment. A maximum of 10 books are accepted during an open submission period on a first come, first served basis. (See full submission guidelines below.)
- Old Firehouse Books carries a maximum of 20 consignment titles at a time. If an author is interested in consignment while the store is at its maximum, they must wait for the next open submission period.
- Authors must reside in Northern Colorado or Southern Wyoming. Exceptions are subject to the Consignment Director’s discretion.
- Books will not be considered for consignment if they are available for standard distribution (40% discount and returnable) through Ingram.
- After 6 months, the consignment contract may be extended at the discretion of Old Firehouse Books at no additional charge to the author.
- Payment for any books sold will be distributed on a quarterly schedule. Payment months are January, April, July, and October. Quarterly sales must total a minimum of $35.00 for a check to be sent. (This minimum does not apply if the contract is being terminated.) Exceptions are subject to the Consignment Director’s discretion.
- Old Firehouse Books will donate books that have not been retrieved within 2 weeks after the end of the consignment period.
- Old Firehouse Books is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen books.
Basic Plan: $20
- Shelf space in our Local Author Section
Advanced Plan: $40
- Minimum of two weeks in appropriate Recent Release section
- Shelf space in appropriate section with non-consignment books as well as the Local Author section
Marketing Campaign: $30 (optional)
- Book will be featured in one (1) New and Noteworthy edition of Old Firehouse Books' e-newsletter (author must provide cover image (.JPEG preferred) and brief book synopsis)
- Book will receive a total of three posts each on Old Firehouse Books' Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram account promoting the book's availability at our store. These will be made at the discretion of the Social Media Director, and the author will be tagged when applicable.
- Author interview posted to Old Firehouse Books blog, if requested by author.