Please read over the consignment terms carefully before contacting Old Firehouse Books.
***DO NOT deliver any books or promotional material to Old Firehouse Books without a direct request from the Event or Consignment Coordinator.***
- Submissions will be considered the 1st through 7th of January, April, July, and October only.
- Authors must submit our Consignment Submission Form to be considered for consignment.
- Books will not be considered for consignment if they are available for standard distribution (40% discount and returnable) through Ingram or if published through Amazon.
- A maximum of 10 books will be considered during each submission period. They are considered on a first come, first served basis.
- Old Firehouse Books carries a maximum of 20 consignment titles at a time. If an author is interested in consignment while the store is at its maximum, they must wait for the next quarter.
- Authors will be notified no later than the 15th of the month if their book has been selected or not.
- If an author’s book is selected, a time will be arranged to handle the contract, fee payment, and delivery of books to the store.
- Books accepted for consignment are up to the Consignment Director’s discretion. Some requirements are listed below:
- Author and book title listed on spine
- Barcode and ISBN printed on the back of the book
- Professional and well-designed book cover
- Professional page design
- Text is well-proofread..
- For each book, the Author (Consignor) will receive 60% of the purchase price (before any sales tax is added). Old Firehouse Books (Consignee) will retain 40% of the purchase price.
- Old Firehouse Books shall collect any sales tax due upon sale of the book and be responsible for remitting all sales tax collected to the appropriate authority.
- Old Firehouse Books agrees to initially take 3 copies of a book on consignment for 6 months.
- Old Firehouse Books reserves the right to terminate a consignment contract after 3 months if no books have sold during that time or for any other reason.
- Author is responsible for the delivery, shipment and/or retrieval of their own books. Author is also responsible for making sure their books are in stock as requested by Old Firehouse Books.
- Author must respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Authors must reside in Northern Colorado or Southern Wyoming.
- Payment for any books sold will be distributed on a quarterly schedule via PayPal. Payment months are January, April, July, and October.
- Old Firehouse Books will donate books that have not been retrieved within 2 weeks after the end of the consignment period.
- Old Firehouse Books is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen books.
Basic Plan: $20
- Shelf space in our Local Author Section
Advanced Plan: $40
- Minimum of two weeks in appropriate Recent Release section
- Shelf space in appropriate section with non-consignment books as well as the Local Author section
Optional Marketing Campaign: additional $30+
- Book will be featured in one (1) New and Noteworthy edition of Old Firehouse Books' e-newsletter (author must provide cover image (.JPEG preferred) and brief book synopsis)
- Book will receive a total of three posts each on Old Firehouse Books' Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram account promoting the book's availability at our store. These will be made at the discretion of the Social Media Director, and the author will be tagged when applicable.
- Author interview posted to Old Firehouse Books blog, if requested by author.