Fort Collins Reads Tickets Available!
Coronavirus Update: Back to Browsing!
Donate to Our GoFundMe!
Virtual Store History Tour
FORT COLLINS READS is proud to present the 2020 author ALICE HOFFMAN
in conversation with NPR’s Maureen Corrigan.
Join us on Sunday, November 1, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. for a virtual conversation between our 2020 author Alice Hoffman and NPR “Fresh Air” correspondent and book critic Maureen Corrigan. We are excited to partner with KUNC Public Radio to bring you this year's event! Tickets are available now on Eventbrite! Our 2020 book selection is Alice Hoffman’s 28th novel The World That We Knew. This historical fiction is centered on France and Germany in the 1940’s and follows three unforgettable young women who must act with courage and love to survive. The first 150 copies purchased on our website are 20% off and come with a signed book plate!
*Coronavirus Update: Good News!*
Starting Monday, June 8th, we will be opening our doors on a limited basis so you can come in and peruse the shelves! There are, however, some hard limits that we are imposing due to the pandemic and social distancing guidelines:
- We are open for browsing from 10am to 2pm. ONLY FIVE (5) CUSTOMERS are allowed in at a time. Masks are required and you will be asked to sanitize your hands before entering. Browsing time is limited to approximately 30 minutes. Since only 5 people can come in at a time, this will help us gain steady turnover so that more people can come browse. Please be understanding of your fellow shoppers waiting outside! We are also NOT accepting cash at this time.
- We are NOT accepting used books for trade right now.
- Curbside pick-up is ongoing, from 10am-2pm.
- Home Delivery is still available: Delieveries ar made on Wednesdays and Saturdays between 5 pm and 8 pm. Orders must be pre-paid either through the website or over the phone. Deliveries are limited to the city of Fort Collins within these boundaries: Trilby to the south, I-25 to the east, Overland/Red Fox to the west (exceptions made for Ponds, Westgate, & Burns Ranch developments), and Richard’s Lake/Willox to the north. We are also unable to deliver to buildings on CSU campus proper, including residence halls. We apologize for the inconvenience. (A note to our customers who live in apartments: If you live in a secure building with interior access to individual apartment units you will be asked to meet our driver at the exterior door of the building. Our driver will text you (or call) when they arrive. If you are not home, cannot accept delivery at that time, or cannot be reached your delivery will be left inside the exterior door at a common area if your building has one or will be returned to the store to try again the next delivery day. We appreciate your understanding and assistance in keeping contact points as low as possible for our driver and the store in general.)
- For additional information on Home Deliveries please check out this FAQ.
For a full list of our current practices, rules, and regulations, we encourage you to check out this blog post. Thank you so much!
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media (You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)! Any updates and news will go in the newsletter and on these platforms first, so if you follow us, you'll be the first to know about rescheduled events, returns to normal hours, and any other updates as we work through this crisis.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support!
The help you have given us already has certainly made things easier and given us hope for the future. But your copious book orders (and trust us, there are a lot of them) will only keep us going for so long. If you are able to donate, even if it's just a couple of dollars, your generosity will help to cover our rent, pay our vendors, and most importantly, keep our booksellers employed. We can't thank you enough. Your support and generosity are keeping us going, keeping our spirits up,
and will see us through this crisis.
Virtual Store History Tour
Every year, Old Firehouse Books welcomes second grade classes from the local elementary schools into their store to learn about the history of Fort Collins' first firehouse. Due to covid-19, many tours had to be canceled. But you can still learn some history by watching our virtual tour! Find the playlist on YouTube!