Recovery Hardware: A Nuts and Bolts Story About Building a Business, Restoring a Community, and Renovating Lives (Paperback)
Determined to bring her neglected neighborhood back to life, Gina Schaefer opened her first hardware store near Whitman-Walker's Addiction Services program. What began as an effort to help her community recover evolved into a safe space for countless people in recovery to rebuild their lives.
Recovery Hardware shares A Few Cool Hardware Stores CEO Gina Schaefer's path to building a business that revitalized her neglected urban community and provided opportunities for everyone to thrive, no matter their past.
- Lessons from resilient employees who struggled with substance abuse.
- Surprising skills from unconventional backgrounds that you won't find on a r sum .
- How to put bravery into the backbone of your business.
- Humorous insights into retail ownership, like how to choose the right store dog.
- Workforce solutions to remove obstacles for people in recovery.
Second chances transform communities and change lives-and it starts with one store at a time. Read Recovery Hardware and start building a better business where growth gives back.