The Secret World of Weather: How to Read Signs in Every Cloud, Breeze, Hill, Street, Plant, Animal, and Dewdrop (Hardcover)
List Price: $21.95
Our Price: $18.66
(Save: $3.29 15%)
Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
The most astonishing collection of weather signs ever assembled—from master outdoorsman Tristan Gooley
In this eye-opening trove of outdoor clues, groundbreaking natural navigator Tristan Gooley turns his keen senses to the weather. By “reading” nature as he does, you’ll not only detect what the weather is doing (and predict what’s coming), you’ll enter a secret wonderland of sights and sounds you’ve never noticed before:
- Listen for the way crickets chirp faster as the temperature rises.
- Spot how snowflakes shrink with colder air and grow just before they stop falling.
- Let perching birds point out the direction of the wind.
- Learn why pine cones close up in high humidity.
- Watch out for storms when clouds are more tall than wide!
About the Author
New York Times–bestselling author Tristan Gooley has led expeditions on five continents, climbed mountains in three, and is the only living person to have both flown and sailed solo across the Atlantic. His more than two decades of pioneering outdoor experience include research among tribal peoples in some of the remotest regions on Earth.
“After 40 years as a professional meteorologist, I’ve looked at the weather through Tristan Gooley’s fresh eyes and seen new things.”—Peter Gibbs, Weatherman and BBC Presenter