Conscious Caregiving: Plant Medicine, Nutrition, Mindful Practices to Give Ease (Hardcover)
Written by an herbalist with more than 35 years of experience and a cancer survivor herself, this guide to home health care offers a wealth of holistic approaches to the many side-effects and consequences of disease process, chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, prolonged bedrest, immune compromise, aging and dying, as well as caregiver self-care. Features:
- Herbal, nutritional, and other natural strategies to support the optimal well being and comfort of both caregivers and those who are ill or dying
- A core Helping Repertoire describing dozens of potential acute issues as well as numerous detailed strategies for addressing each one
- An easy-to-access format geared for the reader who is already stressed and needs to find information quickly
- Guidance in establishing a healing environment for all concerned. Holistic suggestions to promote emotional as well as physical ease
- Questions for practitioners, handy lists for hospital or clinic stays, home organization tips
- Discussions of key herbal allies: relaxation and sleep tonics, adaptogens, immune tonics, support for digestion, elimination, liver function, lymphatic drainage, more
- Extensive annotated resource sections: books, sound healing, supplements, herbs, supplies
- Detailed appendices provide background material on: environment and healing, herbs and memory, water and hydration, issues in depression, engaging with pain, cancer prevention, the lymphatic system, maintaining bacterial balance, more.
- Complete index
Whether you're caring for a loved one or dealing with dis-ease yourself, this book will help you navigate treatment, recovery or the dying process with more ease and grace. Owning this empowering book is like having a skilled and compassionate collaborator on call whenever you need problem-solving support, day or night.